Tuesday 18 December 2018

ALPHA - Game finished!!!!

So this 4 month journey has come to an end. This project and game frustrated me but it had it's moments. I'd like to explore Unity and other game engines abit more especially with tower defense because with the backing of a good story it can be a little bit more interesting. Not everything turned out the way it  did for me for this project but hopefully I'll experiment with it a little more in the future. 





I had major difficulties that I wanted to face on my own with 3d modelling of my characters. I attempted to do Unity and 3DSMAX but I couldn't design my characters and there wasn't any tutorials or help available because nobody has done characters for a game like this before. The characters were germs and were transparent to see the interior design also but I just couldn't get it to work and worked on it for weeks and didn't happen and I began to run out of time and decided to use the tutorial models of which I was following on Youtube to complete the project so I couldn't add my storyline because it was too difficult for me. I liked and hated this game but experience is experience and I'd like to devel into Unity a bit more but not on my own. I'd like to be part of group next time around and truly make something special with more time it would be fantastic to see the results of that. 


I love the blogging part of this journey, it was a nice change of platform to spread your content on for viewers and to get feedback on the go. I'd like to see this implemented in the future and definitely return for another project.  Besides the modelling nothing else was really an issue, the navigation of Unity was fine and the coding just like Website Design it's just time consuming to get it right. I'm just not happy with myself about this game, I would have preferred more time to think and possibly go another route with the big mishap with the modelling but that was my fault for prioritizing other stuff also leaving me with less time. 

Multimedia Development had it's moments and I wished it turned out better for me but I move on. 

Thank you for reading and being apart of my journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment