Tuesday 25 September 2018

Introduction to a year 2 student

I do not know where to begin with this blog 😄😄😄.

My Name is David Meehan Jervis, I'm currently sitting 2nd Year of Creative Digital Media.
Why so serious?


Last year was a good success and one to build on this year, I enjoyed most modules last year, more than others but everyone has their favorites and least likable. For me I enjoyed Digital Media & Video Editing, Web Development and Design modules like Design Process and Practice & Visual Creativity. Storytelling was a hidden gem although I wasn't confident in animation but that's one of the aspects I'd like to improve on indefinitely.

Future Career wise I started out wanting to be a Game Developer as my world evolved around them as a social interaction and pure joy. With many games played I wondered what behind the scenes would be like to experience within creating an game that goes worldwide with millions of fans and followers buying it and working for a big company like Rockstar or Ubisoft to feel like I want to make a difference.

In terms of what my position is now, That's still open and is a choice but my other competitive hobby is movies. Right now I would like to be a Director as I've seen so many different stories and journies that I've thought of a few original stories myself that I can use one day.  My influence would be that of Quentin Tarantino, Martin McDonagh and Martin Scorsese. All movies under those directors names I've watched and loved I'm a big fan of them.

In terms of my modules this semester, I'm enjoying them all at the moment, I've yet to have some of the labs but the lectures gave me a taste. I'm willing to dedicate to college as I have nothing else planned this year so I'm aiming for 2 or 3 A's for now and not get ahead of myself.

My Traits would be that I'm always Confident, Focused, and Determined. I've no distractions this year so I plan on staying this way throughout the year. I can work well as part of a team when I know my role clearly enough and what has to be done and that nobody else is half arsed really. By myself I feel I just as good alone. Once I know what has to be done, I do it with no delays. I just like getting work done so I can save time for something else that needs my attention.

ITB has been great craic since the start. Work load is manageable I feel because I don't work or have children or other activities to do in my spare time. Its for college for me so I try stay ahead of myself. Once college starts back my timeline is cleared and vivid. Nothing else is more important so.

Other activities I would do with time and at the appropriate time would see the latest movies in the cinema of course, HUGE MARVEL FAN!!! but I like DC also. I support Arsenal iswell in the premier league since 2008, Planning on being a Gunner for life so it definitely has it's moments XDDD. I used to play football alot a few years ago but not as much as I like too but with winter coming in now the nights get darker and college also limits my time. I used to be a fantastic goalkeeper according to my friends but I dunno I mean I definitely was good I would save most things and I loved it. Unfortunately being 5.6ft isn't always the best trait as a goalie.

TV Shows I watch iswell, just to name a few that are current would be: Arrow, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., The 100, The Flash, Legends Of Tomorrow, Mayans M.C., Mr.Robot. American Gods. The Sopranos, Game Of Thrones, House Of Cards, Black Mirror, Gotham, Gifted, and more.

I grew up playing games as I mentioned before I've played mostly on PC and Xbox most of my life. I did have a PS2 when I was younger but I'm Xbox now. Most recent games I plan on getting but with college they won't get as much time as they used too. Batman Arkham Series is my favorite game franchise of all time. I've played all 4 of them. the last 2 I gained 100% completion of in the campaign which was so satisfying. I ordered the "Batman: Return to Arkham" game which is the first 2 remastered on Xbox One and I'm going to do the same and just to replay them with make me smile.

I hope you injoyed this description of my life nearly.


6 comments:

  1. I'm interested if we can combine your passion for both game dev and video - there are some cool tools for adding Video to Unity and another growth area is the realm of interactive video - great for combining your passions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, good to see you again in college. Great blog post, its well detailed and vey interesting, great to see you want to be a game dev, you do have the talent and ambition my friend. Also you a marvel fan?! I couldnt tell lol. Great post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey David good to see you man. Nice to know some faces stayed after first year. Really good blog and I'd really like to see you become a directer since your inspiration is of the likes of Quentin Tarantino and Martin Scorsese. Also good to know you've been having great fun in ITB and I hope we can talk again soon with nathan about the MCU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey David, great post was nice to find out a bit about you! I'd say you love this module if you want to be a game developer. I really hated the sound of it and when I was in fourth year in secondary school I did a short Game Development course and hated it so I had kind of written this module off that I would definitely hate it, but I'm actually really surprised that I'm actually quite enjoying using unity and so far. I really admire the fact your very determined, well focused and get what needs to be done done, thats something i'm trying to work on this year as i'm a very easily distracted person haha. Enjoyed reading your introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey David, great introduction blog post! Great to see that first year worked out well for you, I struggled for quite a bit of it. I am also a huge Marvel fan. I cant wait to see the trailer for Avengers 4! All the best with reaching your 3 A`s this year, Im sure you`ll reach that with ease

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey David,
    Your introduction post was a great read was nice to learn more about you, Im happy to see that you are aiming for 3 A's I'm sure you'll be able to get them no bother at all. I watched a few episodes of gifted last year its a good show I need to get back in to it, keep the good work :)

    ReplyDelete