Friday 12 October 2018

Game Idea Research

Conclusion:


I've decided to pursuit the idea of a tower defense game. I reckon most other people will pick first person shooters or adventures but I want to create something in the same category I grew up loving and that is strategy/tower defense/building game. They basic mechanics I will include is as follows; 

These are the mechanics I will like to interconnect with my game. Off course they will be manipulated to suit my end goal. 

My influence of style will be "Plants vs Zombies" in terms of look/aesthetic. It will be animated/cartoon based and off course that will be the only influence for that game. 

I would like to set a plain field of that you can place your towers anywhere and upgrade them to best suit your approach of play and the detail will be high on the attackers in terms of style and information. 

I will be following "Brackeys" youtube tutorial as off late and will try to introduce other tutorials of different perspectives on tower defense. 

That is all I have this weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey David, its me again. Cool idea picking the tower defense game, a good idea for a fun game to play and something Id like to give a go knowing your diverse experience with games and your passion. The different enemy types is essential and a great idea as it adds more variety and challenge. The idea of setting paths is goodtoo and adds more stretegy and work for the player too. The upgrades are essential to this game type and its great to see you implementing them into this game to add more depth and substance. Cant wait to see more my friend. See you soon

    ReplyDelete