Thursday 25 October 2018

Unity Tutorial 5

Hi There


So this week I dived into "Brackey's Unity tutorial on his tower defense project. I am currently as of today on episode 7 titled "camera" which I'd assume is for the user to navigate around the map I'm yet to watch it. 

As I searched YouTube for tutorials based on tower defense on Unity, I only found 1 other reliable source and that is "InScope Studios". His approach is more like what I'd like to approach but the mechanics and information from Brackey's tutorial is still helpful. 

I haven't started InScope's tutorial yet but will indefinitely and I will look someone else for a third perspective on Unity with the same genre. May that be Vimeo or Dailymotion etc....

Each tutorial on both channels average around 10-25 minutes depending on the subject. So as of now those two tutorials and one other is where I find the influence and knowledge to implement into my final product also. 

I've learned quiet a bit with Brackey's videos so far in terms of shortcuts with commands with the keyboard and the coding involved with Visual Studio for values and movements with objects and characters.  

So over the weekend I will continue to watch both and find another view and then rewatch next week as I start to create my game for help and revision. I want a basic foundation of how this game will look with these guys and make my own changes on the way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment