Tuesday 6 November 2018

Game Decisions

As a result of this reading about Cozing attributes involving games and the consequences, actions and comforts I feel that my knowledge is widened. 
Once again I'm new to investigating aspects of the behind the scenes on games and the term cozy games have never occurred to me. I didn't think those moments, scenes, objects in all the many games I've played were categorized as cozy events needed in time for a second wind in the game. 

My notes on this week's reading would be the majority of the article given how very little I knew off this subject. The concept of this idea that certain gamers realize in the game that creations give a sense of resolve for the better and benefit you more so than effect you negatively and rewarding them for actions taken. You's mostly associate games with little difficulty to play as cozy where the settings can be manipulated to an extent where lose isn't possible and not many games evolve around that idea as many games today look to change a lot of people and explore more challenging scenarios with new and improved graphics engines in each company. 

I do however see this topic is games like city building or puzzle where lack of consequence judges your outcome.  Noticing this term with a particular game is well and is the most straight forward and probably the most compelling is in fact light and darkness. Sometimes opposites work for people. Some think darkness is calming and relaxing, but not in this case. I heavily noticed the presence of cozy with Remedy's "Alan Wake" game. "The Light Presence" is a cozy narrative and object that guides the main character throughout his story. 

Other satisfying(cozy) encounters for me where the crowd's celebration in Fifa when a goal was scored. The in game stadium would rupture with sound. Its always a good felling hearing it. 
Source

Another popular but not by good consent is No Man's Sky. This massive game consists of player oriental discovery. Sense of infinite space and control over your actions.  



No comments:

Post a Comment