Tuesday 20 November 2018

Week 8 Reading and Writing



Opinion on reading and writing so far for Multimedia Development: 

I like the approach, its simpler than other modules, its back to basics in a way, I never took to blogging so it's new for me. I've never had trouble writing digitally and practically, Information is information in that sense, it's always helpful to have. I've tried to stay level with the requirements of doing the blogs whether it's time or content. To document so much of the process of creating the main assignment for a module and consider it more valuable than the assignment itself. It's unusual to think in that manner, but most times the journey is better than the destination.

As mentioned, writing has never been a difficulty for me, it's enjoying to do as long as you have a subject to talk about then it never gets boring. So far I have enjoyed doing these blogs so we keep on doing so.

Favorite Reading 

My favorite reading so far would be the types of players there are and their titles. The suits of cards title was really clever and I still remember that terminology. Throughout the reading also on how those players fluctuate throughout different stages depending on mood and pov. Also on how games have adapted on it since to achieve marketing to all aspects of a type of player.

MUD was the term used for the player and that now a whole category based on MUD games exist. I don't play any that are popular as mentioned in the blog. They are mostly PC based with huge communities and constant updates. 

Are the readings helpful towards your assignment?

Some have been and some I can't remember just by the amount of sheer information that is available. It's quite difficult to process all that information and to remember it even without looking at putting it into your own words. I can't say I remember a good bit of it without looking back because every week not just with this module but others there is new information every week.

One of the readings we had to do which was weeks ago and it was a lot of reading, 50 pages nearly and I honestly didn't read it all at the time because I was tired and when I'm tired and reading I fall asleep and not many people in the world can process 50 pages of information and have the ability to maintain all of it without practice so, If I can remember it was helpful at the time, I think the subject was "history of games" which explains the depth of detail.

Have I discovered any new reading strategies? 

I've been prone to page scan now more recently to gain some sort of structure of what I will be reading and sometimes it's a subject I already know and I'll just rewrite about it in my words. So I haven't developed any new techniques but page scan has evolved into a bad habit leading me to miss information.

Am I happy with the group project? 

 Yes and no, Yes I'm happy its game orientated and that the approach is well structured for some , but as always for me learning new software dampers my progress going forward and I don't necessarily like Unity either.
No, It's a fixed subject and it can harm other people's ability of creativity.

Looking Forward 

Looking forward based on where I am now, I hope I can produce the best I can at the moment as everything is coming down on Year 2 as a whole. Double the work from 1st year so that might effect quality of content created so I hope my standard can stay above water level in a sense. I know I won't have any trouble with the blogs for future for sure. 



No comments:

Post a Comment